Winter is here with its baggage of colds, sore throats, and some gloomy weather. So, to lighten up the whole spirit of a freezing wintery day, .in Indian style, why not have some hot, tasty Rasam/charu. It will cure all the symptoms of indigestion, helps recover from a Flu too.
My grandmom is a great cook and needless to say one of her signature dish is "Charu". Believe me or not, anyone who has tasted it once will never forget the taste for their life. The smell of the Rasam will make you feel hungry.SO, here I share the traditional, secret recipe.
- Toor dal-1 cup
- Urad dal-1cup
- Dhaniya-3/4 cup
- Black Pepper-2 spoons (Quantity of pepper can be increased
as per your taste, if you add more it might dominate the taste)
- curry leaves-2 strands
- In a deep pan dry roast each of the above ingredient separately. Tip for the roast is you should feel the smell of that ingredient, its a sure sign that they have roasted well.
- Grind all of them together in to fine powder.
- Store the powder in a air tight container to retain freshness.
- You can make the rasam either with Tomato or Tamarind.