Chikudukaya (Indian broad beans) is a Seasonal vegetable and easily grown in the Kitchen garden. It can be prepared in various combinations like Chikudukaya fry, tomato-chikudu and the most famous being the "Vankayi(eggplant)-Chikudukaya", its one of the best South Indian curries you can get to taste. I'm sure, everyone has tasted this dish at least more than once in their lifetime growing in India. Chikudukaya curry is rich in fibre and tastes great with Hot steaming rice. It is very simple and quick to prepare.
- 1/2 lb-Chikudukaya/Beans
- 3-5 spoons Tamarind Juice
- One spoon Rice flour
- 1/2 tea spoon Tamarind
- 2 red chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 spoon each :Mustard seeds, Urad dal, Channa dal, hing for garnishing
1) Add salt and turmeric to the Beans and steam cook it.( Microwave or Pressure cooker)
2) Add 2 spoons of oil in a pan and add all the garnishing mentioned above, add 2 red chillies and sprinkle some hing (asofotedia).
3) Drain the steamed water and add the Beans to the garnishing.
4) Sprinkle some tamarind juice.
5) Simmer it for a while and add the rice flour.
The curry is ready to be savored!!!!!