After a long sabbatical from the blog here I'm back with a green dish.
Palak or Spinach is a healthy vegetable but seldom we hear people say We love it, or Yumm...... Palak Paneer is a great dish but Paneer being a cheese item we are drawn away from it. Tried various variations with Palak and personally I liked this dish as soon as I heard about it. With few variations made to the traditional item, here goes my dish.
Cauliflower florets, corn flour, oil to deep fry, 1-2 bunches of Spinach (Palak), 1 big onion, ginger garlic paste, 3-4 green chillies, 2 elaichi, 2 cloves, pinch of kasoori methi, 1 spoon of dhaniya jeera powder, pinch of turmeric, salt to taste.
1. Half boil cauliflower with a pinch of salt
2.. Mix 3 spoons of corn flour with warm butter, food color ( enhances color), and red chilli powder
3. Make a thick paste and deep fry them in oil
4. Ajinomotto will add better taste. (Optional)
5. Deep fry and pat them on a paper to remove oil
1. In a pan add 2 spoons of oil, and add shallow fry the garam masala (jeera, ealichi, cloves, bay leaf) and onions.
2. Add washed spinach, green chillies, pinch of turmeric and salt. Cover it for 5 mts and allow to cook.
3. Add tomatoes to the softened spinach and blend everything in a mixer.
4. In 2 spoons of oil, add kala jeera and add the spinach gravy. Bring it to a boil for few minutes.
5. Add the fried manchuria to the gravy and bring to boil.
Serve it hot with rotis, naans or kulchas.
Total time:15-20 mts
Serves: 4 people
Sonrise - You are our every sunrise You are our every sunset You are our every triumph Of our every drop of blood, tears and sweat. You are our every moment Our very ...
11 months ago