Special thanks to her who gave me the recipe immediately and made our evening extra delicious with this simple curry.
- 6-7 small round eggplant
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 spoon coconut powder ( Optional)
- 4-5 garlic cloves and 1/2 piece ginger ( optional)
- 1 spoon dhaniya jeera powder
- 1/2 spoon red chilli powder
- Pinch of jaggery
- Small lump tamarind
- Semi cut eggplant and boil them in microwave. Add a spoon of salt and turmeric, to avoid bitter taste of eggplant.
- Dry roast peanuts, ( Peanuts need to be fried thoroughly) and add all the above ingredients.
- Grind them into a thick, smooth paste. Add water or turmeric water if required.
- Bring the boiled eggplant/brinjals to cool and stuff them with this paste
- Let eggplant/brinjal and the gravy simmer in a spoon of oil for 15-20 minutes
- Garnish with cilantro and savor it hot with rotis or rice.